Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Period music stuff from Constance

  • constancefairfax@cs.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2001
      mitsuo@... writes:

      > I wonder if that sort of
      > vibrato may be used in medieval song?
      >
      > Okay, I've talked enough. What do you guys think?
      Ahah....

      Well...one must remember that "rules" are set up to be broken.
      Obviously, I can only comment about 16c song because that's where the
      "treatises" come from...but if they're dissing vibrato, then someone was
      using it. If they're dissing varying your dynamic and tempo, then someone
      was using it. If they're dissing singers using silly hand or facial motion,
      then someone was using it.
      Sure, it may have been the renaissance equivalent of Brittney Spears....or
      Elvis in 1959....

      :)
      Constance