Re: [Authentic_SCA] TOC Elkhart, IN

  • C&L Olson
    Message 1 of 202 , Apr 2, 2001
      Effingham writes:

      > I think the highlight was Brother Johann's Laurel ceremony, where he was
      > marched up in procession with his house behind him chanting in Latin and
      > in Gregorian mode, "Brother Johann's got some chicks, E-I-E-I-O." (For
      > those who don't know, Bro. Johann's Laurel is primarily for researching
      > period poultry and raising same, and he is a monk. Really.)

      Greetings:

      Do you know if the Brother Johann discussed above is willing to share any
      information from his researches?

      Period poultry is of a particular interest to me and I have been looking for
      others who may be willing to share their knowledge.

      If anyone has information as to how someone could contact him to discuss
      this area of interest I would be most appreciative.

      Kateline atte Water
    • Mary Higgins
      Message 202 of 202 , Apr 4, 2001
        My apologies if this has already been answered -

        Some kingdoms are "pay for play" meaning you have to be a member to fight, others (such as the East) are not.  I believe that you can authorize at Wat but if you do so, you can not actually participate in any of the battles.  Now, how well all of that is (and can be) policed is another matter.  I don't believe that there are Tuchux "legally" authorizing at War and then fighting.

        I've gotta run to a meeting - sorry this is so abrupt!

        Margarete