Re: [Authentic_SCA] Writing Letters

  • stephen higa
    Message 1 of 59 , Apr 2, 2001
      > I would like to begin to write in a more period fashion. Granted, email is
      > a very casual medium, but at least nice greetings and closings would be a
      > good thing?

      May God prolong your life, elevate your honored position, crush and destroy
      your enemies, and preserve and enhance your welfare! May you see your
      children living, studying the holy Torah, and marrying; may God give you
      male children who will be prosperous and even more successful than you!

      This is the proper way to open a letter for 10th to 13th c. Egyptian Jews.
      I've adapted this practice for my persona, a 12th c. Spanish Jew.

      May God grant me your longevity, prosperity, and good health!
      --Moshe ha-'Ebed ben Yishma'el
      de Siguenza, de Castiella
      (Don Mossé Aveniçmel)
      (Sayyad Musa ibn Isma'il al-'Abri al-Kastilya)
      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      Sing for joy to the Lord, all the earth!
      Worship the Lord gladly,
      and come before him with joyful songs!
      (Psalm 100:1-2)
      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

      ----------

    • aheilvei@uiuc.edu
      Message 59 of 59 , Apr 23, 2001
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Steven Proctor" <sproctor@b...> wrote:
        > Just because it's LOUD, dosen't mean it's not calm....
        >
        > :-D
        >
        > Morgan
        >
        > > Oh yeah, you guys know how to debate calmly...
        > >
        > > Despina? Can I sleep in your camp?
        > >
        > > Kass

        Even so, Morgan, Kass may sleep in my camp anytime she wishes.

        Despina
        if she's brave enough.....