7Ethnic Medieval Music

  • spanogle@ix.netcom.com
    Nov 3, 2000
      I have been researching and singing Medieval and Renaissance music
      for a while now and was wondering if any one could help me with
      sources. I am specifically interested in finding out more about
      Jewish, Muslim or other non-Christian festival music. I have found
      modern editions of a couple of 15th century Ladino folk ballads, but
      that's the closest so far. All of the Purim songs I have come across
      are "traditional" and probably not much older than 1900. Looking at
      the posts on the list so far, I was hoping there might be people here
      with some expertise who could help me out.

      Yours in Service,
      Lady Teleri
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic