59258Re: [Authentic_SCA] 2nd knitting class at West-AnTir - subject?

  • Honour Horne-Jaruk
    Jun 11, 2014

      Respected friend:
      Both, of course. (if necessary, socks this year and small next.) I knit on 00000 needles....

      Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
      (Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
      Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

      "If you're a normal human, the inside of your head is not a pretty
      place. Venting it unfiltered to the internet may feel therapeutic,
      but it's unlikely to end well."
      --Goedjn

      On Friday, June 6, 2014 10:31 AM, "Chris Laning claning@... [Authentic_SCA]" <Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Greetings!

      I'm planning to teach a general knitting workshop at the upcoming SCA event, West-AnTir War, in early July. Knitters of all levels welcome -- optional kits for a striped (easy) or multi-colored bag will be available. Or bring your own project!

      I'm also contemplating a second, more specialized knitting class.

      WHAT SHOULD THE SUBJECT BE?

      - Period socks and stockings? What were medieval stockings really like, and how are they different from modern socks? Sock knitters welcome!

      - Teeny tiny knitting? Many medieval knits, such as the famous purses from Sion, are knitted in very fine yarn on size 00 or smaller needles. How do you learn to knit that small?

      - Something else?

      Comments and ideas welcome!

      O  (Dame) Christian de Holacombe, OL - Shire of Windy Meads
      +    Kingdom of the West - Chris Laning  <claning@...>
            http://paternoster-row.org/- http://paternosters.blogspot.com/

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional