592572nd knitting class at West-AnTir - subject?

  • Chris Laning
    Jun 6, 2014
      Greetings!

      I'm planning to teach a general knitting workshop at the upcoming SCA event, West-AnTir War, in early July. Knitters of all levels welcome -- optional kits for a striped (easy) or multi-colored bag will be available. Or bring your own project!

      I'm also contemplating a second, more specialized knitting class.

      WHAT SHOULD THE SUBJECT BE?

      - Period socks and stockings? What were medieval stockings really like, and how are they different from modern socks? Sock knitters welcome!

      - Teeny tiny knitting? Many medieval knits, such as the famous purses from Sion, are knitted in very fine yarn on size 00 or smaller needles. How do you learn to knit that small?

      - Something else?

      Comments and ideas welcome!