      Subject: Re: [Authentic_SCA] RE: Hello?
      To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, March 3, 2014, 6:55 PM

      I would *love* to have Enchanted Ground at an event! (Yes,
      I've read up on them, I know

      what it involves). However, here in An Tir, there seems to
      be zero interest in such a

      thing, or in authentically *acting the part* or one's
      persona. Talk about personas, sure;

      *_BE_* one's persona, nope.

      I'd try setting up an Enchanted Ground myself, except
      for two things: first, my tent and

      equipment is mostly screamingly modern, and two, I'm too
      much the coward. I'm also just

      not the "take the lead" type; I can be a good and
      helpful follower, but if I try to lead I

      second guess myself too much, as well as being to rigid and
      thus driving people off.

      What I'm looking for is hints and help on *me* staying
      in character, and how to do so in

      ways that encourage others to give it a try. IOW, something
      less formal, less insistent,

      than Enchanted Ground.

      I hope to hear more from you all! :-)

      ~~Basil Dragonstrike

      Help out, please:
      http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/rowanchisholm

      Ah, but I was so much older then; I'm younger than that,
      now. -- Bob Dylan

      Erō mītis cum sim mortuus.

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic