      From: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of lilinah@...
      Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:00 PM
      To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Authentic_SCA] curious

      Unsigned wrote:
      > I may be going to Pennsic this year. I did a bit of a web search about "enchanted ground"
      > at Pennsic. Will there be an enchanted ground campsite this year at pennsic? Any personal
      > musing about enchanted ground experiences would be of interest to me.

      I think so, but i can doublecheck with His Grace, Duke Cariadoc, who originated and continues to operate the Enchanted Ground (he is actually the reason there IS a Pennsic).

      I camped there at my first Pennsic. Within the fence everyone must stay in persona and cannot have any obviously out of period things - although those of us who need eyeglasses are allowed to wear them. We're allowed non-period items in our tents if we must, but not out in public. I had a wonderful time - except for the hike up Cardiac Hill every morning - if you're young and fit it probably won't be such a problem - and there is a bus periodically.

      I haven't camped there since because i was teaching classes and it would have been too hard for me to get all my supplies up the hill, and impossible to get them on the bus.

      I do look forward to camping there again sometime soon.

      Urtatim (that's oor-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita