      From: Marguerite fitz William <M_fitzWIlliam@...>
      To: 12thcenturygarb@yahoogroups.com; SCA-Card-Weaving@yahoogroups.com; Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com; AnTirApprentice@yahoogroups.com; sergeantry@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 11:21 AM
      Subject: [Authentic_SCA] A little off topic - Twelfth Night 2014

      Greetings to the list,

      This is for those of you in the Pacific Northwest region of the US (and BC
      for you Canadians) who are members of the Society for Creative Anachronism
      (and anyone else who is interested in participating).

      I have been tapped to put together a room to display at the Twelfth Night
      event for 2014. The plan is to make small display rooms exhibiting various
      aspects of life between 600 & 1650 AD from various cultures, time periods
      and walks of life. Everything in the rooms (actually small sections of a
      long narrow hotel conference room), should be hand crafted using correct
      period materials and methods with documentation. Think of a mini A&S entry
      without the judging.

      Naturally, being the fiber junkie that I am, I have opted for a late Twelfth
      century ladies' solar. This can then involve, weaving, sewing, herbs,
      music, writing, etc. Any activity that a lady (I'm aiming for the room of a
      lady of a small manor) might do in her solar (this could include her bed and
      bed linens).

      I will post more when I get additional information.

      Marguerite fitz William, JdL
      Courtier to His Excellency Steinolf of Aquaterra
      Veneur & Swan
      Motto: Et Hoc Quoque Transibit
      Or, a natural panther stantant contourney
      sable, on a chief invected vert, three plates

      MargueritefitzWilliam-email