59158Fwd: Secrets of the Viking Sword on Nova

  • EaldredSCA@aol.com
    Oct 1, 2012
      Please forgive the cross posting but I thought this would be of interest to several lists I am on.

      On Wednesday, October 10th. Check your local listings.

      Join NOVA to learn the “Secrets of the Viking Sword.”
      The Vikings were among the fiercest warriors of all time. Yet only a select few carried the ultimate weapon of their era: the feared Ulfberht sword.
      Fashioned using a process that would remain unknown to the Vikings’ rivals for centuries, the Ulfberht was a revolutionary high-tech tool as well as a work of art. Considered one of the greatest swords ever made, it remains a fearsome weapon more than a millennium after it last saw battle.
      But how did Viking sword makers design and build the Ulfberht, and what was its role in history? Now, NOVA uses cutting-edge science and old-fashioned detective work to reconstruct the Ulfberht and finally unravel the mystery of the Viking sword.

      Ealdred of Malmesbury
      Dawson Lewis, Pierre SD