59133Re: [Authentic_SCA] 14th Century Bra Kind of Found in Austrian Castle

  • Honour Horne-Jaruk
    Jul 29, 2012
      Respected friends:

      --- On Sun, 7/29/12, lilinah@... <lilinah@...> wrote:

      > > **There are excellent reasons for strongly doubting
      > that they are women's
      > > underpants, but let's just leave it at that for the
      > moment.
      >
      > Well, there's one 16th c. Ottoman underpants, called
      > chakshir, which i have reproduced in my size... So, OMG, we
      > have a surviving pair of medieval European underpants.
      >
      > Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
      ...And we have four (or more) 16th century Italian undrepants. Knee-length, but still...

      Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
      (Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
      Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

      "If you're a normal human, the inside of your head is not a pretty
      place. Venting it unfiltered to the internet may feel therapeutic,
      but it's unlikely to end well."
      --Goedjn
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic