59125Re: where to find bees wax for candle making demonstration

  • gardinladi
    Jul 18, 2012
      This may be a long shot, but do you know anyone who is on the Altar Guild or helps out at their church who still uses beeswax candles? As a teenager ours still did, and the pillar candles were used until they were an inch or two high and too short for the holders then discarded or possibly given away.

      --Dame Jocelyn of Lutterworth

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "christopher" <chris_kletke@...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      > I am trying to do a candle making demonstration with our SCA group for our museum comes to life event. I am going to be making tallow and bees wax candles as both were period. Tallow part I'm fine with but finding a good source of bees wax has been hard that isn't an arm and a leg since I'm a poor college student. So any advice on finding inexpensive bees wax suppliers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
      > Chris
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic