59121Re: [Authentic_SCA] Cooking and Dining in Medieval England

  • Tiffany Brown
    Jul 17 5:59 PM
      On 17 July 2012 14:45, Cristal Delamer <cristaldelamer@...> wrote:
      > This is a great book and has been on my wish list for quite some time. The
      > paperback is just coming out now so i would grab it if I were you. I plan
      > to do so. Brears' interpretations are quite authentic and this book is
      > great for learning the ins and outs of the entire medieval kitchen and how
      > it worked. He covers 14-16th centuries in this book, I believe. He
      > references all of the well-known medieval cookbooks and the bibliography
      > and indices alone are 120 pages!

      Thanks very much! I'd hope for a 12-14th C interpretation with the
      name medeival used, but it did seem less likely given the greater
      sparcity of evidence. This is indeed going on my wishlist now.

      Teffania
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic