58993Re: [Authentic_SCA] 2013 Trip to Kentwell Hall, Hampton Court and V&A New Textile Exhibit

  • Tudorpot
    Jan 31, 2012
      On 2012-01-31, at 4:57 PM, Cilean_69 wrote:

      > Kentwell Hall-has an Easter thing, but we are looking at June for the BIG Tudor Days that run for 6 weeks.
      >
      > V&A Textile Exhibit has been shut down and will not open until 2013.
      Nods, I am more of book person- will be checking out period bindings at the British Library. There is still lots to see at the V&A. As you say there is so much to see.

      > It is lovely you are going in April! I hope you are going for a while to get to all of the things you are showing! I was there last year and it took 2 weeks to get to the list you have so good for you!

      I'm going for 16 days.

      > Might I also suggest to email Bath's Museums and the V&A and the Tate and see if they will give you a 'closed tour' as you are a costumer looking to expand your knowledge. It helped me to get to see a lot of things that are not on display at right now!

      Will try that, thanks.

      > Of course I also had the chance to go to the TORM (The Original Re-enactor's Market) and it had some spectacular stuff, I have some fabric it is cloth of silver, expensive but worth it! I also picked up a Forepart/Sleeve fabric I am going to pearl and perhaps wear this coming 12th Night (2013).
      >
      > Anyway? Have a grand time! Oh if you have the chance? Order a Ploughman's lunch!!!
      Very true, I've lived in the UK in the past. Steak & Kidney pie is also a good choice.

      You probably know this- but if you book ahead, you can get a very cheap ticket on the Eurostar, I booked in late Jan for April. I was able to get one for £39. Am also saving time and money by flying into London and out of Paris, rather than backtracking to London. Easy to book online or with agents. Open Jaw is the term.

      Theadora
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic