58991Re: 2013 Trip to Kentwell Hall, Hampton Court and V&A New Textile Exhibit

  • Cilean_69
    Jan 31, 2012
      Kentwell Hall-has an Easter thing, but we are looking at June for the BIG Tudor Days that run for 6 weeks.

      V&A Textile Exhibit has been shut down and will not open until 2013.

      This is one of the reasons we are planning this group trip....
      Also I am working with several of the Costumer's in the UK to get special tours and such while at the events.

      It is lovely you are going in April! I hope you are going for a while to get to all of the things you are showing! I was there last year and it took 2 weeks to get to the list you have so good for you!

      Might I also suggest to email Bath's Museums and the V&A and the Tate and see if they will give you a 'closed tour' as you are a costumer looking to expand your knowledge. It helped me to get to see a lot of things that are not on display at right now!

      Of course I also had the chance to go to the TORM (The Original Re-enactor's Market) and it had some spectacular stuff, I have some fabric it is cloth of silver, expensive but worth it! I also picked up a Forepart/Sleeve fabric I am going to pearl and perhaps wear this coming 12th Night (2013).

      Anyway? Have a grand time! Oh if you have the chance? Order a Ploughman's lunch!!! You will not regret it! Awesome experience!
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic