58972Re: Late-period Italian portraiture

  • dark_lady_of_the_sidhe
    Dec 22, 2011

      I actually just coordinated a period Venetian vigil/Elevation for a friend and my personal specialty is 7th century Scotland, so I did a lot of research on the foods, clothing, scroll, etc. in preparation. If you would like more information on any of those topics or if you would like to help beta-test my "How to plan an elevation" handout and checklist, please contact me off-list.

      In general, for someone who is interested in late period Italian clothing, I cannot recommend the Moda books too highly. The one for ladies has been out for some time and the one for gentlemen just came out. It is beyond droolworthy. At about $100, it is a little spendy, but more than worth it for anyone with more than a passing interest in clothing of the time.
      ISBNs: 8883048679 and 8856400995