58802Re: Dog collars in period

  • peryn7
    Jul 19, 2011
      Yes, I course my two IGs in the SCA. They course each other in play. I've heard of a brace of 3 taking down jack rabbits. They are sighthounds, no mistaking it.

      I have lots of period artwork with small sighthounds as companions (as well as small spaniels and something small, white & fluffy). I'm just having problems finding hunting scenes (or descriptions) with small sighthounds (IG sized). I'm not saying they aren't out there, I'm just having problems finding them. If you know of any pre-1600, I would be very interested.

      Peryn
      Meridies

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Brizendine <norseceltbear@...> wrote:
      > If you
      > have ever seen these sighthounds course or chase prey you would see that
      > their hunt drive is very much still in tact.
      >
      > Zsigmund
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic