58790Re: [Authentic_SCA] Dog collars in period

  • Daniel Brizendine
    Jul 18 8:16 AM
      I would argue that one of the reasons that there appears mostly hunting
      collars is that few if any dogs in the middle ages were just "pets". Nearly
      all persons and animals in the working households had to have some manner in
      which to "earn their keep" and therefore it would have seemed unseemly for a
      dog to just lay about and not be doing any of the work. Most dogs either
      were some sort of hunter or some sort of herder.

      Zsigmund

      On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Heidi Ligget <hligget@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > > Karen Larsdatter has links to paintings and drawings that show dogs with
      > > collars and leashes.
      >
      > The Link is at:
      >
      > http://www.larsdatter.com/dog-collar-leashes.htm

      *Szapolyai Zsigmund