58556An introduction

  • arnbjornraudfeldr
    Apr 12, 2011
      I am Arnbjorn RauĂ°felder, a Norseman from an as-yet not nailed down time period. Mundanely I am Ross Christenson, a teacher of middle school children, and a parent of two, soon to be three fantastic children.

      I am very interested in maintaining as much authenticity as possible in my persona development, garb and accessories. I am finding that the pervasive attitude in my local group is that authenticity is nice, but not terribly necessary. I have been told many times that research is not enjoyable. It may be a character flaw, but for me that's one of the most enjoyable parts of this vast adventure we are all on. I cannot imagine not wanting to know more...

      I am feel like a beginner in every way. I have been involved a little less than three years, am learning heavy fighting, and just purchased a bow. I have made tablet woven trim, many belts and pouches, a drinking horn, two sets of shoes; one adult and one child size. I am currently making another pouch, Birka-style, a woolen hood and and considering a caftan. I will likely prowl the forums, but may occasionally deliver my two cents.

      Well met,
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic