58542Kragelund assistance?

  • Zhara
    Dec 29, 2010
      Greetings. Hoping to tap the collective wisdom of the group.

      I have pulled the standard exploded diagram of the Kragelund tunic

      here,

      http://www.forest.gen.nz/Medieval/articles/garments/Kragelund/Kragelund.html

      and here,

      http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/cloth/kraglund.html

      and printed it onto graph paper, and then planned to put it to fabric.

      The problem is that I fear that the diagram is not to scale. In order to get a chest circumfrence of 48", I have a garment that dangles mid-shin on my friend who has requested it. We're pretty sure that's a bit too long, but I'd like to hear from the experts. In any case, trimming it to length is easy enough, but scaling it to fit a 48" chest also results with armhole openings of nearly 30 inches around!

      The other issue plaguing me is the huge amount of wasted fabric that results, no matter how many cutting configurations I've attempted. The historical logic of making the most efficient use of the yardage is not turning up.

      So, I am your student; what Kragelund tunic info can be shared?

      Kindest Regards,
      thl Z.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic