58508Patching garments?

  • Quokkaqueen
    Oct 19, 2010
      Hi All,

      It's reached that stage in my garb wardrobe, where I need to start repairing things, mostly patching holes and tears in seams. I *know* that there are garments out there with patches (the Y-piece on the Bocksten hood springs to mind), but what I'm having trouble is finding information on *how* garments were patched.

      I'm guessing that patches were sewn to the outside of the garment, but what happened on the inside? Were the edges of the repair hemmed facing inside the garment, or outside towards the patch? Were any special patching stitches used?

      Any help would be appreciated,
      ~Asfridhr
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic