58486Split-finger mittens

  • Heidi G. Haywood
    Aug 27, 2010
      I've been working on a weaving project, and due to a serious of unfortunate miscalculations, the fabric is no longer suitable for the project I had intended. It got overly fulled and in talking to some people in my local group, we thought it would make fabulous mittens. I would like to make split-finger mittens but have only seen these used in artwork for work type gloves and hawking gloves, suggesting that they would have been make from leather. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find good documentation for woven, fulled mittens? I've found extant mittens done in naalbinding, and a mention of one in Hald's book that look like felt, but that's all.

      Thank you for the help!

      -Oda