58473Re: Summer Garb

  • Madame du Pont
    Jul 22, 2010
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "George A. Trosper" <gtrosper@...> wrote:

      > gianottadallafiora wrote:
      > > While authentic, and probably pretty cool, the outfits worn by the dancing girls in the this illuminated manuscript from the 16th century are not publicly acceptable. ;-P
      > >
      > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/medmss/4535279877/sizes/o/
      > >
      > > Adelisa de Salernum
      > I find it interesting that none of the guys seem to be leering. Quite
      > obviously interested in a few case, but no one obviously leering.
      >
      > --George/Gerard

      Bonjour,

      The guy on the lower right is definitely leering. And don't be fooled by musicians, they love to play for the dancers and they have learned to 'look' without drooling. And I just learned that after a lot of drumming it is a nice gesture for the dancers to massage the drummers hands.

      Nice pictue...

      Adieu,
      Madame du Pont
      Shire de Tymberhavene