58463Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Summer Garb: Middle Eastern

  • Sayyeda Samia al-Kaslaania
    Jul 19, 2010
      On 7/7/2010 10:02 AM, Zhara wrote:
      > I wear mostly the same thing I wear the rest of the year, I just leave off the thobes and abbayah.
      >
      > Linen or cotton yeleks, cotton dishdasha with linen or cotton serwal and churridurs, sheer cotton dupattas, cotton dulban. Then there is the rare and occasional cotton sari, for when I don't want to wear European.

      Hello Zahra,

      I'm catching up on email. Do you have a website that discusses these
      garments? And can you tell me what region they are from? I know the
      names change for garments across the Middle East and Mediterranean. :)

      Sayyeda al-Kaslaania
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic