58437Re: Eels

  • Madame du Pont
    Jul 5, 2010
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "doccia_vacha" <amyt@...> wrote:

      > I've decided I'd like to become the SCA's foremost authority on eels and I'm looking for resources. If you have a book in your library or have a website bookmarked that in any way mentions eels I would be grateful if you could reference it here. ..............

      > Regards,
      > Doccia mka Amy

      Bonjour Doccia,

      I cannot help much in documentation, but last year at Summer Hunt V (on Whidbey Island, WA, I went to the Hunt Guild persona development presentations. One lady was Welsh (cannot remember the century), but she made a replica (scaled down) of a woven eel trap. It was elongated and about 3 feet...they are normally 9 ft long and catch eel and any thing going up stream. It was very interesting. Eel was very common catch.

      Adieu,
      Madame du Pont
      Shire de Tymberhavene
      Kingdom d'An Tir