58401heralds: was Gravitation (WAS Re: [Authentic_SCA] Authentic SCA groups in Mid-Atlantic States)

  • CLEY
    Jun 10, 2010
      > Antonio wrote:
      > Now now have pocket-sized printed timetables and a bell chimes the hours
      > from 8:00am to 8:00pm. .......

      We actually do something very similar here--our Town Criers have
      scheduled announcement times, and remind people when the next one is, if
      they have anything that needs announcing around then.

      I live in An Tir's Herald Central, so a shortage of heralds here is very
      seldom an issue. However, here even a mid-size event can be very spread
      out/have very strange accoustics (lots of hills and rivers and valleys
      in the sites we use), and that's what we need to be careful about
      addressing. They do usually announce the printed schedule though.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic