58392Re: Gravitation (WAS Re: [Authentic_SCA] Authentic SCA groups in Mid-Atlantic States)

  • CLEY
    Jun 9, 2010
      christopher chastain wrote:

      > Hey Captn,
      >
      > Just remember the line from 13th warrior when you have too many
      > heralds. Silk Suited messengers, always brings a smile to my face
      > especially when trying to get something registered or at 8am at a
      > event. Im trying to design a herald trap for my households encampment.
      > Something that will keep them from waking us up at oh my god 30.

      Perhaps you should complain to the autocrat? Or the presiding Nobility
      of the event?

      Back in the day when I still was able to camp, I also found that
      offering a voice herald a hot beverage at o-dark-thirty was also very
      much appreciated.

      Just remember that a good voice herald can be heard up to half a mile. A
      GREAT one can go a mile or further, and not even work up the teeniest of
      vocal chord strains! ;-)

      Arlys,
      Dragon's Mist (home of the Knowne World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium
      this weekend!)
      An Tir
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic