58386Households (WAS Re: [Authentic_SCA] Authentic SCA groups in Mid-Atlantic States)

  • George A. Trosper
    Jun 9, 2010
      Scott wrote:
      > To my mind the most valuable benefit that a household brings to the SCA is its customary focus on specific times and cultures, allowing a more in-depth exploration of that time and culture--a focus that is quite inappropriate for a territorial group--which must welcome equally all members from any covered times and cultures.
      >
      > Colm Dubh
      True about the territorial group. But some households are built around
      other kernels. Hadrian House in my Barony is a number of musicians and
      their not-necessarily-musical friends, allied for mutual benefit and
      support in attending revels with comfortable food and sometimes shelter.
      Hold Tyte is a family group (including in-laws) plus friends with
      interests in armoring and bardic circles.

      In your part of the world, do time-&-culture households predominate?

      --Gerard
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic