58380Re: [Authentic_SCA] Authentic SCA groups in Mid -Atlantic States

  • Antonia Calvo
    Jun 8, 2010
      Scott wrote:
      > SCA territorial groups may not "gravitate toward one period." Households
      > and war bands-not being official SCA groups-not only may but very often do "gravitate toward one
      > period."
      Yer what? Territorial groups can gravitate all they like-- it's just a
      function of common interests. Provided they're not trying to re-define
      the acceptable time period (which I think goes well beyond the intention
      of the word "gravitate"), I don't see the problem. Households and war
      bands can go a lot further, in that they can say outright that what they
      are doing is a cold Thursday Nurnburg, January 1462 if they really,
      really want to.

      --
      Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

      Habeo metrum - musicamque,