58379RE: [Authentic_SCA] Authentic SCA groups in Mid -Atlantic States

  • Scott
    Jun 8, 2010
      MODERATOR NOTE: As a courtesy to our members who receive their list-mail in digest form, we request that you not top post. Please snip those parts of previous messages that do not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific time Zone Moderator.

      REPEATED MESSAGE DELETED:

      SCA territorial groups may not "gravitate toward one period." Households
      and war bands-not being

      official SCA groups-not only may but very often do "gravitate toward one
      period." The level of authenticity

      varies greatly by group. To all who sneer, "SCA is not the Society for
      Compulsive Authenticity, I always

      reply, "Neither is it the Society for Cutesy Anarchism." I then ask which
      view best supports our tax

      status as an educational organization.

      Colm Dubh
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic