58368Re: [Authentic_SCA] Museums in Washington DC

  • lilinah@earthlink.net
    May 26, 2010
      Ii wrote:
      >...There is a textile museum that I have not made
      >it to that is also supposed to be great.

      That would be The Textile Museum
      http://www.textilemuseum.org
      2320 S Street Northwest
      Washington, DC 20008-4088
      (202) 667-0441
      It is relatively small, but well worth visiting. It operates out of
      the former mansion of George Hewitt Meyers, who donated his
      collection, as well as his home, to start the museum. Most of the
      collection is not on display. I made arrangements to see some
      specific items in their collection behind the scenes some years back,
      their whole collection of medieval Egyptian knit cotton socks, and a
      fewother things.
      --
      Urtatim [that's err-tah-TEEM]
      the persona formerly known as Anahita