58331Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Name woes ...

  • George A. Trosper
    Apr 23, 2010
      gianottadallafiora wrote:
      > There was no Italian vernacular in common use then in that region of Italy (vernacular poetry in what evolved into the Sicilian dialect began to pop up in Frederick II's time about 100 years later, and there are some who think that this influenced the Tuscan poets).

      and
      > I am not trying to document it in Tuscan Italian, which as a dialect did not exist in 1130.
      I know nothing about the specifics here, but nevertheless I hope you
      will pardon one question: In both passages above, you are talking only
      about written versions of the language, aren't you? (If not, I do have
      additional questions!) Thanks.

      --Gerard
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic