58258Re: documentation suggestions?

  • lenastrid
    Mar 18, 2010
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Catherine Olanich Raymond <cathy@...> wrote:

      > On Monday 15 March 2010 11:49:46 pm Folo Watkins wrote:
      > On
      > > http://www.regia.org/members/basclot3.htm, RolandWilliamson writer
      > > notes "There are, however, a few vague references to a leather or fur
      > > lined 'Thorax' (chest covering) being worn." Ironically there is a
      > > Vikes document that refers to a 9C woman's grave find in Scandinavia
      > > that held a beaver-fur garment lined with whast they think is hemp
      > > cloth, but I doubt if that is of interest to your research :)
      >
      > It's interesting to me, though. What document? Where was the grave located?
      > Any citations you may have would be useful. Thanks.

      I'm betting that it's from this article: Ă…gren, T. (1995) "Fur in Birka. An examination of hair residue on penannular brooches", Laborativ Arkeologi, vol. 8. pp.50-58.

      Unfortunately my copy is in storage, so I can't check it for you. Perhaps you can find it via inter library loan?

      /Lena
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic