58107Re: [Authentic_SCA] New Book: The World of Pharmacy and Pharmacists in Mamlūk Cairo

  • Jibra'il `Attar
    Nov 18, 2009
      Samia taunts with:
      > I am happy to announce that my book, *The World of Pharmacy and Pharmacists in Mamlūk Cairo*, has just been
      > published by Brill.
      > This is the first detailed analysis of an immensely popular 13th c. Arabic guide for pharmacists, *Minhāj al-dukkān*
      > (“How to manage a pharmacy”), by Abū ʾl-Munā al-Kūhīn al-ʿAṭṭār (fl. 1260), dating from a time in which Jewish physicians
      > and pharmacists worked alongside Muslim and Christian practioners. <snip>

      You know...with a surname like `Attar...this book _neeeeeeeds_ to be
      on my bookshelf...now!!! Sooo...who wants to donate to the "Get
      Jibra'il this really awesome cool book!" Fund?!? *heh*

      Jibra'il `Attar.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic