57916Re: Garden gates

  • Labhaoise O'Beachain
    Jun 2, 2009
      That was my thought exactly, there is clearly a style to the right. Today, we think of "opening" a gate to pass through and tend to forget there are other ways. (cattle gates for example). I would think the simplest solution would often be the answer.

      Put in a style for getting from one side to the other, and a well made panel which could be lifted out of the way, or simply laid down, depending on what you needed to get through.
      Labhaoise

      "creatureofironbog" <ka.hanson@...> wrote:

      > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "vombatus1" <timmykane@> wrote:
      > In looking at that particular gate, I have to
      > wonder: are we certain that there *were* hinges,
      > at all? It seems to me that a more rustic fence
      > such as this might simply have a (re)moveable panel,
      > rather than a 'swinging' gate.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic