57547Re: Period Finishing for a leather costrel

  • Tom Apple
    Oct 27, 2008
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Diane Sawyer Dooley"
      <tasha_medvedeva@...> wrote:

      > No, I very specifically bought the kind without soap. I'm new at
      > this, not stupid. The soap would have changed the pH of the vinegar,
      > anyway.

      Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that!

      I figured you may have washed the soap out. When you said "Brillo"
      that's what I pictured, the kind with soap.

      In a pinch I've used a Brillo or SOS pad after washing the soap out to
      scour some armor to avoid a trip to the store.

      I'm not trying to disparage anyone.

      Best Regards,

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic