57505Period Finishing for a leather costrel

  • Michael and Nicole Anderburg
    Sep 25, 2008
      I was wondering if anyone had a reference (or just ideas) for the
      finishing of a leather bottle, costrel, etc. I just finished sewing
      and forming a leather costrel and am waiting for it to dry.

      My only references are a couple good websites on the construction of
      leather bottles and "Black Jacks and Leather Bottells" none of which
      have an argument for whether the bottles were dyed and whether there
      was any exterior finishing (i.e. soaked in boiling beeswax, blanched
      in boiling water, etc.).

      Any help would be greatly appreciated,

      Michael Anderburg
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic