57423Re: Pied Piper activities

  • Labhaoise O'Beachain
    Sep 3, 2008
      MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive their messages in digest form, we ask that you not top post and that you edit any portion of previous messages that do not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

      MESSAGE ORDER REVERSED AND EDITED:
      "Madeleine Delacroix" <madeleinedelacroix@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for activities for "littles" to do at meetings and
      > events.

      Clearly Ye Olde Coloring Station is cheap(who has no crayons), easy
      (see previous), and expected.....

      Littles will play, given direction or no..... small boys in garb will
      start wars(anything will do for a sword) and can you blame them when
      the big "boys" play? This summer Walgreens had swords and shields in
      peroid <grin> colors 2/$5 I bought several and they are getting a
      workout.

      We are already playing "dress up" perhaps you have thespians?

      In the same vein as the swords(and probably period), I have a trebuchet
      game, the directions for making are on the web. Same sort of problems
      too. ANYTHHING CAN BE LAUHCHED!

      Boxes, oatmeal boxes, and cans, become castles..... semiperminent if
      you have an artistic bent, or just cleaned and become blocks for the
      littles to build their own... Toss in some carved knights, princesses,
      and a dragon......

      Drums, shaken instruments, even a thumb "piano" can keep them
      entertained....

      Balls, big and small..... anyone play marbles? old board games(chess,
      go, fox and hens) for the older ones (or even the younger, my granson,
      5, is picking up chess... but he cheats)....

      As I recall, wheeled toys have been found (no not Matchbox cars) some
      things never change!

      Minatures of ANYTHING adults are using.....

      And last but not least.... dolls.... simple rag babies.....

      It won't make for a quiet group but maybe a happier one,
      Labhaoise
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic