57414Re: Pied Piper activities

  • mary_m_haselbauer
    Sep 3, 2008
      Making and/or racing hobby horses.

      Kids like helping. A group of young girls went around a symposium event
      this weekend asking people if they'd like water in their mugs. They'd
      fill them up and bring them back. It was very hot and this was extremly
      helpful.

      Dress up - our current MOY has a bunch of garb and scarves and beads.
      You'd think SCA kids would already be "dressed up" but they love it.
      I've been thinking of making tabards that suggest different SCA jobs
      (seneschal, marshal, etc) but are somehow designated as kids.

      Leather balls are period and easy to make.
      http://aelflaed.homemail.com.au/doco/balls.html

      Cheers,
      Slaine
      B3R Calontir