57347Re: Possible New SCA Member

  • digital.princess
    Aug 21, 2008
      MODERATOR NOTE: 1. As a courtesy to our members who receive their email in digest form, we ask that you not top post and that you remove any portion of the previous message(s) that do not require repetition. 2. Please also sign your posts. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

      Message order reversed and edited.

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "smoothoperator383"
      <smoothoperator383@...> wrote:

      > It surprised me when I looked on Yahoo groups and found that the first
      > group I saw under my search for the SCA was this one and it seemed that
      > there are quite a few out there that do care about the history.

      I know what you mean...

      I come from a background of doing many types or re-enacting, and the
      historical accuracy is a lot more strict in the Civil War groups than
      then Renaissance...

      I also have tried to start historical education groups in the
      medieval/renaissance era re-enacting, but I was frustrated by the lack
      of interest in anything but partying, drinking... lounging all day in
      very un-period garb... not a good image to be projecting to patrons.

      This group, so far, has been a great source of accurate info and a
      really good reference as well as rekindling my hope that some people
      do care about the history! So, thanks for that!
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic