57262Re: Possible New SCA Member

  • wodeford
    Aug 9, 2008
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "smoothoperator383"
      <smoothoperator383@...> wrote:

      > It surprised me when I looked on Yahoo groups and found that the first
      > group I saw under my search for the SCA was this one and it seemed that
      > there are quite a few out there that do care about the history. If I
      > may in the SCA community do the others that are just there for
      > the "party" have a term for you?

      Insult slinging has no place in a society that supposedly values
      courtesy and honor. Let's not encourage it, shall we? BTW, we ask that
      you not use the "N" word. It's offensive and unnecessary. Be an
      authenticity enthusiast with pride.

      The SCA got its start some 40 odd years ago as a themed costume party.
      (If you're at all interested in our early history,
      http://history.westkingdom.org/ is worth exploring.) We attract all
      kinds, from fantasy/SF fans to history lovers. Inevitably we have
      grown and changed over the years and there are members of the Society
      who do some incredibly in-depth portrayals of their chosen personae
      and periods. There are also the just-for-fun crowd - and a whole
      spectrum between. It allows for flexibility, personal growth and
      exploration of a long timeline and a variety of cultures.

      Welcome to the list. Be sure to take a look at the Links and Files
      sections at our home page.

      Jehanne de Wodeford
      West Kingdom
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic