57239Re: [Authentic_SCA] Homebrew book help

  • Lilinah
    Aug 2, 2008
      Jenn wrote:
      >I don't think that Desamona meant books on home brewing, rather meant
      >'homebrew' books, as in done at home; probably through a copy shop
      >with a comb binder. I have copies of both Zoppinos in the workroom
      >somewhere, iirc, but my workroom is still only half unpacked from a
      >rebuild, and they seem to be in one of the still-packed boxes.

      Thank. I've never heard them referred to that way before.

      >Try Ruth Kern Books <http://www.ruthkernbooks.com/>(a needlework book
      >reseller), or a SCA-centric bookseller who carries a lot of tiny-press
      >books, and keep looking. (I think I got mine through Lacis, or maybe
      >Poison Pen, but it's been years.)

      I'll be checking out Ruth Kern (but don't worry, not for Zoppino).

      I live near Lacis, so i drop into the shop at least monthly. It's a
      wonderland for those who do all sorts of textile handwork and
      costuming - books, tools, threads, special fabric, lace, everything
      for making your own corset, hat blanks, etc.

      And i've purchased from Devra (Poison Pen Press) and even worked for
      her at Pennsic last year. She's at Pennsic now, but she may be
      checking her e-mail nightly in her motel.

      Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita

      My LibraryThing
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic