57118Early Houppelande Yardage?

  • Michael Hurley
    May 3, 2008
      My fiancée and I are making late 14th century
      style houppelandes (the high-necked style as seen
      in illustrations from the Romance of Alexander to
      the Ellesmere Chaucer). Her's will likely be an
      angel wing sleeve and long enough to pool on the
      floor while mine will likely be a bag sleeve and
      calf-length. Around what yardage of material am I
      likely to need for these, based on modern 54"
      wide upholstery fabrics?
      --
      Auf wiedersehen!
      Michael