56986Re: Roman resources

  • Jennifer Mackay
    Mar 7, 2008
      Hmm... you can use white linen for summer. Off-white or white works,
      and I believe minimum of 6 yards. I haven't had the chance to read all
      the way through my books yet. (I just got them.) A toga is on my
      project list, too, but one thing at a time! He needed a few more tunics
      for starters. :) He can't sew and I'm it. :)

      Contact Pendleton Woolen Mills. They WILL ship from the outlet store in
      Washougal, WA. They don't have their bolt fabric listed on the
      internet, though. I already asked the gal there if they'd sent bolt-cut
      fabric via mail. The answer was yes, but you need to know what you
      want. If they have it, they'll send it. Sometimes they do have a cream
      wool there. It's soft stuff, like you'd use to make a neck scarf. It's
      not the heavy coating stuff, though.

      They often have summer weight blue wool gabardine that just makes
      lovely garb.

      http://www.pendleton-usa.com

      Go to the store locator page and look for the information for
      Washougal, WA. They should have a phone number, too. Their off the bolt
      prices are anywhere from $3.99/yd to $10 depending on what kind of
      wool.

      Gemma Northwode
      Antir
      Barony of Stromgard