56953Re: Bookbinder sought.

  • bec_tonkin
    Mar 1, 2008
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Julian" <smnco37@...> wrote:

      > Gentles All,
      > I have just bought a facsimile Book of Hours of The Virgin as another
      > medieval accessory for my Lady, who is both "in persona" and
      mundanely
      > a Catholic.
      > It's only a small book - about 3" x4.5" with a modern hardcover
      > binding; - and I'd like to have it rebound for her in a fascimile
      15th
      > century leather binding, to complement the small altar to St.
      Stephen,
      > and prie dieu we have in our encampment.

      Hello!
      You found something! May I know where you got it from?

      Also, you could consider covering the modern cover with a slip-on or
      sewn-on leather cover. This would mean that the current binding need
      not be disturbed, and would probably be something you could do yourself.
      Or, you could look in your local phone directory for book binders, we
      have then here (in Australia) and they do small tasks such as thesis
      binding etc, so there are probably some around somewhere willing to do
      a small job.
      Good luck,
      Rebecca
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic