56591Re: [Authentic_SCA] Wedding and Engagement Rings

  • Chris Laning
    Nov 26, 2007
      Well, I have one data point, FWIW: Queen Mary Tudor had a wedding
      ring when she was married to Philip II of Spain. That's mid-1500s. I
      *think* I remember that it was a plain gold band, and something is
      teasing the back of my brain that she wanted one specifically because
      it was traditional. Now I have to figure out where on earth I would
      have seen that.

      (I have a mind like a lint trap: lots of interesting fluff, no idea
      where any of it came from.... :)