56586Re: [Authentic_SCA] Tile Web via the Ashmolean Mus. website

  • julian wilson
    Nov 26, 2007
      Sandra,
      what a wonderful Link you have given us.
      The Tile Web will be of very great value to those of use wanting to create medieval or "gothick" style floorcloths for our medieval tents

      in humble Service to Drachenwald and to The Light,
      Matthew Baker,
      dwelling in "old" Jersey, in the Anglo-Norman isles

      Sandra Dodd <Sandra@...> wrote:
      I went looking for images of the Ashmolean rings and found a tile
      page! http://tileweb.ashmolean.org/

      The only rings images I found were things for sale in the gift shop,
      but still, the site is fun!
      http://www.ashmolean.org/collections/?type=highlights

      I poked around a while looking for images of period rings, without
      success.

      Found another cool thing, a combination of heraldy, theology and art:
      http://www.answers.com/topic/shield-of-the-trinity

      Sorry I can't help with the wedding ring question, but the Ashmolean
      museum clue is yielding lots of side fun.

      AElflaed of Duckford