56549Re: Remember, remember the Fifth of November

  • Roz Corwin
    Nov 8, 2007
      (MODERATOR NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT TOP-POST TO THIS LIST. THANK YOU)

      I would wager a guess that the demand for Politically Correct
      commentary is decidedly post-period.

      The denial of events or opinions that are counter to our own beliefs
      merely due to their status as "other" can be a very dangerous
      behavior. "I don't like it; therefore I don't want you to remind me
      of it," is a very risky attitude to take, especially when one is
      dealing with historical events. If we cannot acknowledge and accept
      history (whether you choose to embrace those viewpoints expressed, or
      not), then we are ever the more apt to repeat our species' past
      mistakes. Remember, even Hitler was an important figure in history.

      It is important that we be respectful of one another, here. But it is
      equally important that we do not censor historical events as a way of
      shielding ourselves from the reality of the path that brought us to
      our present status as human beings.

      Fin.

      -Roz of Korsvag
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic