55830[Authentic_SCA] Re: REALLY looooong tippets and kids...

  • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
    May 2, 2007
      >Such a "tippet", when attached to the shoulder of a dress, is called
      >a "ribbon of childhood" (in German, "Gängelband", a word that is
      >still used metaphorically today although most people don't know what
      >it originally meant).

      In English, they are sometimes called "Leading
      Strings". I noticed anyone mention that term.
      Usually they fasten to the arm scye or shoulder
      of the dress, not the sleeve like a tippet would.

      Ranvaig
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic