55556Re: [Authentic_SCA] Berries on my Bay tree - what to do with them?

  • Amelia Boysen
    Mar 25, 2007
      [MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy, please sign your posts. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator]

      > >Does anyone know anything more about these berries? Has anyone seen
      > references to them in medieval recipes (food or cosmetic or other)?
      > Any clue of what stage I should harvest the berries and how to prepare
      > them? Might they be known by other names? Any other search terms
      > that might work on google?

      i'm not sure on the berries themselves, but my aunt in hawaii swears by the
      use of the bay leaves to keep away mosquitos. maybe the berries could be
      used similarly? i'll have to ask if she's found any use for the berries of
      her bay laurel...
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic